Sunday, December 21, 2008

Advantages of Living in Dormitory( second editing)

When I enter into college, I chose to live in dormitory. Living in dormitory is one of the wonderful experiences in the university life. Because there are three advantages of experiences I can get from dormitory life: being close to school, improving my friendship, and learning the living of team.

The first advantage is that I will not worry about the traffic problem. Chang Gung University which is called CGU provides one hundred percent of bedroom for all students, so every student has the decision choosing to live in dormitory. Living in dormitory of university can save time and money. Due to being close to school, I do not waste time waiting for public transportation neither the traffic jam. It takes ten minutes to go to my classroom from the dormitory. In the contrast, it is above one hour that I spend going to the school from my home. Once I forgot to bring my textbook or homework, I run back to dormitory to take them without using a lot of time. If I live at home, I could not come back home to take the homework and the textbook, which lead to delay the homework, or be distracted in a lecture without using textbook. I also do not have to spend money on transportation. For instance, it costs NT$ 20 to take MRT from my home to Taipei Train Station. Then I change the transportation and take the bus to Chang-Gung Hospital, which costs NT$ 35. There must be spend NT$ 110 every day. Therefore, being close to school can make me save both time and money and easy to make up for my careless.

A second advantage is that I can quickly get along with my college classmates. Owing to living and eating together, we have more time to be familiar with each other than some people who live at home. Living in the same building, I can easily find helps from my classmates who live in dormitory. For example, I can ask my classmates for teaching me homework. We also can discuss the report. Despite the well development of Internet, I think that face-to-face discussion is more effective than using MSN. The other way to improve my friendship with my classmates is watching movie in dormitory. We usually watch the movie in front of the computer together. The most types of movies we watch are horror movie and comedy. We shriek together and laugh together. It is a wonderful time in dormitory when sharing happiness with my classmates.

A third advantage is that I can learn the living of team from living in dormitory. There are four people sharing the one room. Every one has different life habit. The most important thing I learn to respect others. Because of sharing the space, I have to care others’ feeling. For example, I do not make noises to bother my roommates, so I wear earphones when I listen to the music. Keeping the silent environment in the dormitory is very important. The other thing I learn is to take turns to use bathroom in turn. There is one bathroom in each room, so we line up for using bathroom. I must learn waiting with patience. Living in dormitory, I have to think other people’s feeling.

In short, living in dormitory can make my university-life colorful and fruitful. I make good friends to play and study with. I can spend my time on other meaningful things. I also learn how to get along with others in one space. I believe that it is a good opportunity to expand my view of life and a process to make my mentality more mature.

No comments: